25 Mini Poodle Facts that you didn’t know!
When you see mini Poodles, you know exactly what they are, because their classic Poodle silhouettes are undeniable!
Below are 25 facts we’ve gathered about these pampered pooches!
- Despite their association with French culture, Poodles are actually from Germany. Poodles are referred to as “pudel,” which is German for puddle. In France, Poodles are called “caniche’ which means duck dog. Poodles were the most popular breed in France, for 20 years starting in the mid-1950’s.
- After World War II, Poodles became popular in the U.S. Before that, they were rare. Poodles weren’t bred for their appearance until the 19th century.
- Mini Poodles are so popular that pop culture named the “Poodle skirt” after them! There have been tons of celebrities who have purchased mini Poodles for sale, including Liz Taylor, Picasso, Walt Disney, Marie Antoinette, and Patrick Swayze.
- In the late 1980’s a man named John Suter decided to enter the Iditarod sled team race with all Poodles.
- The Standard Poodle was utilized for duck hunting. Mini Poodles for sale previously held the job of sniffing out truffles in the woods.
- Mini Poodles for sale have a lifespan of 12-15 years.
- Adult Poodles sleep approximately 13 hours a day!
- Poodles really love riding in cars, and many mini Poodles for sale accompany their owners on flights!
- Poodles are mostly hypoallergenic.Poodles are mostly hypoallergenic.You’ll find that mini Poodles come with coats of many different colors including black, white, gray, silver, brown, and cream. Mini Poodles are born with coats that change as they mature. It is much softer and less curly. Because their coat is so curly, ingrown hairs are fairly common among Poodles. Apply a coat conditioner to your Poodle to keep her hair soft and tangle free. Poodles are mostly hypoallergenic. Keep your Poodle’s ears groomed! The American Kennel Club only allows four specific clip styles for competitions.
- Some Standard Poodles can be rather sensitive. Poodles can suffer from separation anxiety if they are left alone for extended periods of time.