July 5, 2018
Beagle puppies for sale have a way of capturing hearts across the world and we bet their big brown eyes are to blame for the beginning of the lovefest!
Read on to learn why precious Beagle puppies are so wanted! We’ve got some facts to share with you about them.
- Beagles are gentle, sweet, and funny, providing you entertainment through laughter.
- Beagle puppies and adult dogs require exercise, so be prepared to give them what they need!
- Though Beagles are gentle, they are also rather excitable and sometimes quite hyper.
- There were dogs of a similar size to Beagles were used for hunting in Greece in the 5th century.
- Beagle puppies for sale were recognized by the AKC in 1885 and won Best in Show in 2008.
- In the 1840’s, four different standards of Beagles were developed. They were the: fox Beagle, medium Beagle, the rough-coated/terrier Beagle and the dwarf/lapdog Beagle.
- This breed has been described as having a “nose with feet,” because once it has picked up on a scent, it won’t let it go! Talk about persistence!
- Well trained Beagle puppies for sale can learn approximately 50 different scents.
- The small and friendly Beagle is used to sniff around unsuspecting visitors at airport security, also allowing it to get into small spaces to check cargo and airmail depots.
- Beagle puppies for sale are prone to hip dysplasia.
- Cherry eye is a condition that is also known to afflict Beagles. This is when the gland under the third eyelid protrudes at the corner of the eye. Surgery may be required to fix it.
- Some Beagle puppies for sale that look uniquely smaller than the rest of their litter may be afflicted with Beagle dwarfism. Besides their smaller size, they may have other deformities.
- Beagles are pretty darn strong willed, so pull out all of your patience and persistence when you’re teaching them commands. They will catch on eventually!
- Start out by teaching the Beagle puppies for sale that you’ve purchased simple, one word commands. Be sure to use them consistently to avoid confusion.
- Believe it or not, Homeland Security of the US Government has a Beagle Brigade that is used to sniff out organic contraband at airports. See, all that training does pay off!