Archive for April, 2017
Yorkie Puppies for Sale: This is your breed for lots of cuddles and affection!
Are you looking for Yorkie puppies for sale? The Yorkshire Terrier is one of the most popular small breed dogs in the country and for good reason! The Yorkie is loyal, affectionate and makes for a superb lap warmer. But this popular breed might not be right for everyone. Read ahead to make sure that a Yorkie fits your personality and lifestyle. Petland always has Yorkies for sale, check out their cute little faces right here!
Here are a few things that you might not know about the Yorkshire Terrier breed:
- Yorkies are small, but full of spunk! They can have a lot of energy and are up for pretty much any activity. If you are the type who likes a lazier breed, the Yorkie might not be for you.
- Yorkies are not just for show, they make great companions. They love attention and they crave for their owners to lavish attention on them. Better be ready to take them for a walk, talk to them or just to be with them when lounging out!
- Yorkies are very affectionate and may even coax you into a hug or a belly scratch!
- Yorkies are small, but are not great for kids. They are often too small to be handled carefully by small children and can sustain injuries easily.
- Expect a grooming budget with this breed. It needs constant grooms and trimming. Most Yorkie owners love to bond with their dog by brushing or arranging their fur.
- Yorkies are very easy to train and are very smart. It can be stubborn during the first days of training, so it’s wise to start early and be very consistent.
- Despite its size, it can bark and growl to alert its owners of any danger. It can be very protective.
- You need to coach this dog to play with other pets and to start really early if you want it to bond with children.
Time to look for Yorkie puppies for sale in person? Here at Petland, we can help you pick out the perfect four-legged family member for you and your family. Just give us a call to make an appointment or stop in today!
Golden Retriever Puppies for Sale – This Breed Really Has it All!
Still looking for Golden Retriever puppies for sale? Make sure that you understand what a Golden Retriever is and how to care and maintain one before you purchase one. Petland always has Golden Retriever puppies for sale, they are one of our absolute most popular breeds for families! Check out our Goldens right here!
A Golden Retriever is one of the most popular breeds; it could also be the dog breed that you are looking for:
- The Golden Retriever is a large dog breed which is mostly used for police work, as beloved service dogs and as a retriever and gun dog for small game.
- It has one of the most luxurious coats and it’s double-layered to so it retains warmth even during cold weather. The Golden Retriever’s coat is light brown or golden in color.
- This breed is very smart and will respond to all kinds of training including advanced training and obedience training.
- You need to trim or strip its fur regularly to keep it shiny, healthy and flowing. This dog could shed moderately so you need to vacuum often.
- This dog is alert and will bark or growl to alert its owners. If there is an intruder, it will bark to protect its owners, but it may be overlooked because it looks very friendly.
- This is one of the many breeds that are good with kids. It will play with small children and is very affectionate.
- A Golden Retriever is an ideal for people who have very little experience in taking care of dogs. But this dog needs a lot of space to roam and of course it needs a lot of exercise. You need to walk it every day and to take it outdoors.
- A Golden Retriever pup has to be trained early to be able to learn commands very well.
Now that you have all the information, it could be time to get your Golden Retriever puppy! Call and make an appointment today to come down and check out all of our puppies in person! Your new family member is waiting for you!
Huskies for Sale – Check out one of the most recognizable breeds in the world!
A Siberian Husky could be the pet you have been waiting for. If you’re looking for Huskies for sale, make sure to get to know all about the Siberian Husky before you get one! Petland always has Siberian Huskies for sale in our store! Check out the blue- and brown-eyes beauties right here!
The Husky is a working dog and is from Siberia. It has a double coat with thick fur, pointy and perky ears and gorgeous markings all over its body. This dog is very intelligent and strong; together with its pack, it pulls sleds loaded with people, cargo and supplies. Huskies have evolved over the years from an outdoor dog roaming across the frozen tundra to a stay-at-home family pet.
The Husky has the following characteristics:
- Huskies require regular grooming so that their fur maintains its good shape and shine. It is recommended that you never shave your Husky, even in the summer. The coat actually regulates temperature, it doesn’t just heat!
- With that double coat, shedding is inevitable! So be sure to vacuum your carpet, bed, car and sofa.
- This dog is very easy to train and has a good memory; it will bark when there is danger or if there is an intruder.
- You must be careful if you live in hot, humid climates. It can adapt well in the cold because of its double fur.
- The Husky requires daily exercise and therefore you need to take it for a walk or have extended play time several times daily.
- This dog needs a firm hand when it comes to training. You must be consistent with commands and training
- This dog is friendly with other pets but may not do well with kids. The best course of action is to let a Siberian Husky puppy associate with children at an early age.
Still set on a Siberian husky puppy for you and your family? Trust Petland to have Husky puppies from only the most reputable breeders in the country! Come down and play with our puppies today!
Lab Puppies for Sale: Say Hello to America’s Favorite Dog!
When searching for Lab puppies for sale, it’s important to know what you’re in for! Like with any dog breed, they have certain qualities that might fit right in with your family or might have you looking at different options. Petland prides itself in being one of the most knowledgeable establishments in breed education and, more importantly, breed selection for you and your family. To check out all of our adorable Lab puppies for sale (and many more!) just click here!
The Labrador Retriever is a very popular dog breed and started out as a hunting-type dog. This breed is very loyal, intelligent and very endearing and thus a great family dog, guide dog and even for military work. Labrador Retrievers are very easy going and will work great with kids and families alike.
A few awesome qualities of a Labrador Retriever pup that you must keep in mind:
- Labs require minimal coat maintenance and does not need regular grooming or stripping. You might need to vacuum often though because tends to shed.
- This breed is one of the easiest to train and that makes it ideal for families and new owners. They also like to be challenged with new commands, always with a treat as a reward!
- This dog is a good watchdog and will bark if there are intruders and if there is imminent danger but is unlikely to scare strangers because of its soft looks.
- Labradors can handle the cold or hot weather, but it needs a large space or room to move around, walk and exercise. Expect daily walks and runs with this dog.
- This dog is very low maintenance and thus perfect for first time dog owners. It tends to be wonderful with children and can be very playful. It can also work well with other dogs and pets.
Do you think that a Labrador retriever might be the right breed of dog for you and your family? Don’t hesitate to call and make an appointment to come and snuggle with our Lab puppies for sale in our store today!
Boxer Puppies for Sale – This is the breed you and your family have been looking for!
Before you check out our Boxer puppies for sale, take time to learn about the Boxer, one of the most powerful and highly-intelligent dog breeds. Here at Petland, the Boxer is without a doubt one of our most popular breeds for families! They are easy to train, always up for some playtime (or downtime!) and get along well with other pets. What more could you ask for? If you want to check out pictures of our available Boxer puppies for sale, just click here!
Here are some things that you may have never known about the Boxer :
- A Boxer has a lot of excellent characteristics: it is loyal, strong, intelligent and alert. Boxers are all muscle and can be intimidating to look at, but their goofy personality makes them easy to be comfortable with immediately.
- The Boxer is a dog that loves to take responsibility for their owners. It will make sure that you stay protected along with your family and property. This dog is extremely intelligent and will bark or growl if it senses danger or the presence of an intruder.
- It is also one of the breeds chosen as seeing eye dogs because they are very dedicated, smart and loyal.
- A Boxer is very popular and comes in brindle and fawn colors. The AKC recognizes this breed as one of the most popular in the US!
- You won’t have to spend a lot on grooming when you have a Boxer. In fact, it does not need regular grooming or trimming, but it’s recommended that you brush its coat regularly to make it clean and shiny.
- Boxers are smart, but some can have attention issues. The key is to start early when training your Boxer puppy.
- This dog needs regular exercise, but may not adapt well to extreme cold and hot weather conditions. A Boxer is the best companion for someone who is into fitness and exercises frequently outdoors.
- Anyone who has not trained a dog before can find this breed easy to manage and is perfect for new owners.
After reading all this, are you still interested in bringing a new Boxer puppy home with you and your family? Here at Petland, we specialize in making sure you have all the supplies and training you need with a new four-legged family member!
Teacup Yorkies for sale: Can you handle all that cuteness?
Are you looking for teacup Yorkies for sale? The teacup Yorkie is a very popular kind of puppy and there’s quite a bit of misinformation out there. Here at Petland, we specialize in the care and education of breeds like the teacup Yorkie and other small puppy breeds. We can help guide you to the teacup Yorkshire Terrier of your dreams! Check out all our available Yorkies, right here!
Before you make your purchase, you might want to check the following information. You have to remember that since they are very small, they need a lot more care and attention than regular dogs.
- Most teacup Yorkies are still going to reach that 4-6lb range and it really depends on the family history of each puppy. Don’t be fooled by online ads that tout a guaranteed full-grown weight of below 4lbs, it just isn’t something that’s an exact science!
- Teacup Yorkies are very petite and thus have very small and brittle bones. It is not a good idea to give a small child a teacup Yorkie, since it could easily get injured when handled in an inexperience manner.
- This kind of dog needs regular brushing and trimming to keep its coat clean and healthy. Yorkies have hair, as opposed to fur, which could make it appropriate for people with allergies.
- You need to watch out for this dog’s diet since it can overeat and become sick. A vet may advise a new diet for this dog.
- Despite its size, this dog also needs exercise. It would surely be wonderful to take it outdoors but you should be careful since it can be injured by rough play with bigger dogs.
- A teacup Yorkie is so small that it can really fit inside a teacup, but only as a puppy! But make sure that you take care of it very well.
- Finally, a teacup Yorkie needs special attention to obedience training because this breed may sometimes be very stubborn. You may need to repeat your commands. But this dog is smart and eager to please.
So are you ready to take that teacup Yorkie home? We encourage you to talk with our extremely knowledgeable Pet Counselors about the overall care and maintenance that goes into a teacup Yorkie and other teacup breeds!
Shih Tzu puppies for sale: That hair, that smooshed face, that curly tail…What more could you want?
The Shih Tzu is one of the most adorable breeds of puppies and may even be the breed that’s right for you. There are so many reasons why the Shih Tzu could fit seamlessly into your family and that’s why, here at Petland, we always have the most precious Shih Tzu puppies for sale! Want to check out pictures, just click here!
But before you purchase or adopt a Shih Tzu, find out more about this cute little breed with this special information:
- A Shih Tzu has one of the more high maintenance dog breeds when it comes to grooming. You need to keep its coat clean, healthy and trimmed. It has a flowing double coat that makes it look like its floating off the ground, if you let the hair grow to show length.
- This dog is very eager to please and is very friendly. It’s short but will stand up to a much larger dog.
- The name Shih Tzu translates to “lion dog” and this is because of its fearlessness.
- The Shih Tzu is one of the most loyal breeds. It is an extrovert and will do well with other pets.
- Despite its long hair coat, this dog sheds minimally. It is therefore recommended to owners that may have allergies.
- The Shih Tzu is intelligent but could take time to train. The key is to train it early and to continuously add more commands and perfect commands every day.
- This dog can watch over your family or property since it will bark and growl when there is an intruder.
- The Shih Tzu will be contented just to be with you and will thus work well for people living in small apartments.
- Be careful when taking this dog for a walk outside since it cannot tolerate too hot and too cold environments. Check the temperature first before taking it for a walk.
So is this breed right for you? If you think so then it’s time to look for Shih Tzu puppies for sale!
Rottweiler for Sale – What you should know about this kindly breed!
So are you interested in a puppy Rottweiler for sale? Here at Petland, we love how versatile this breed can be for many different types of families! Whether you are a single lady looking for a protection breed or a big family with lots of children looking for a furry family member, the Rottweiler is a perfect companion! Want to check out our available puppy Rottweiler for sale, just click here!
Check out some facts about this popular dog breed:
A Rottweiler is described as a strong, fearless and faithful pet and companion. This dog is very intelligent and will defend its owners from any imminent danger. Being fearless, intelligent and strong has made it one of the most sought-after dog breeds used for police work, guide dogs and for search and rescue.
Rottweilers are from Germany and have distinct markings on its body. It is very alert and displays confidence and strength.
Before taking a Rottweiler, here are a few facts about this beautiful breed
- This dog does not need regular grooming but it needs brushing to keep its coat shiny and healthy.
- This dog can surpass any breed when it comes to training and following commands. It can learn with fewer repetitions. Some owners want their Rottweilers to receive professional training so that it could follow special commands.
- This dog will watch over property and its owners and will bark if there is imminent danger. It could be trained to attack and even to bite intruders if necessary to protect its owners.
- The Rottweiler needs a lot of space to roam so it’s not suitable for apartment life. This dog also needs regular exercise and a regular schedule has to be made to keep it in tip top shape.
- This dog needs an experienced owner; it has to be cared for by someone who has the time and the energy to train it every day.
- Have a Rottweiler puppy play with other pets and kids so that it could grow up with a well-rounded personality.
Like we said above, the Rottweiler can fit in seamlessly with many types of people and other pets! Let us help you pick out the perfect Rottweiler puppy to take home today!
Poodle for Sale – This breed isn’t just about poofy hair and good looks!
Are you looking for a poodle for sale? There is no doubt that this dog breed is one of the most popular and its not just about its royal looks! The poodle is one of the best and the most in-demand dog breeds because of its fierce intelligence. A poodle is also very playful and loyal breed. Here at Petland, we absolutely adore the poodle, in all it’s many forms! Click here to check out our available puppies!
Here are a few things that you might not know about the poodle:
- The poodle is beauty with a brain; don’t get too overworked with its great looks. In fact, it is one of the most intelligent breeds. It excels in obedience training and in training for special commands and tricks.
- A poodle does not just come in fluffy white color, it is also available in gray, dark brown, light brown and black. You can also find several different kinds of party-colored poodles.
- A poodle also comes in a variety of sizes; sizes range from large to very small or teacup sized dogs.
- A poodle was once a hunting dog. No, it does not live in the lap of luxury as portrayed by media and dog shows! However, it can be seen in the water, running across large patches of land and scooping up birds that their owners may have shot for sport.
- Yes, you might want to consider having a large budget for grooming if you plan to have a poodle. They need regular clippings and brushings to keep their coat nice and mat-free.
- Poodles are among the most protective breeds and will bark and growl if there is an intruder present. It can guard its owner and family and can be fearless when there is an attacker.
- A poodle will never be content inside an apartment. They need to run, walk and exercise. It is not ideally for people with small homes; they need a small backyard to roam around.
- It is a social breed and will love to be with babies and even other pets inside your home.
Ready to look for poodles for sale? Don’t hesitate to give our knowledgeable Pet Counselors a call if you think that the regal poodle might be the best breed for your family!
Teacup Puppies for Sale – Things to consider with these pint-sized puppies!
Are you looking for teacup puppies for sale? A lot of people love teacup puppies because they are indeed some of the cutest puppies around. But, unfortunately, most people don’t realize that their size makes them more difficult to care for. Here at Petland, we specialize in the care and maintenance of small breed puppies. Want to check out our available teacup puppies, just click here!
You need to be very careful with teacup puppies for sale
No rough housing or wrestling with this pup. Most teacup puppies are more for cuddling than anything else. They should be monitored very carefully if they are up on a couch or the bed. Even a short fall could prove disastrous for a teacup puppy! You also have to limit their daily playtime so they don’t get overworked. It’s a good rule of thumb that for every 30 minutes of play or outside time, they need another 30 minutes of rest in their crates or palaces.
Feeding a teacup puppy is the most important step for ensuring their health!
Because these puppies are so small, it is very important that their feeding schedules are consistent. That means no missed meals whatsoever! And also no treats for adult teacups please! Overfeeding your teacup adult will lead to being overweight and being susceptible to other illnesses. You must also prepare a diet specific to your type of teacup dog breed.
Where you get your puppy from is of the utmost importance!
Teacup dogs are very special and you also need to look for a special dealer. You need a support system to make sure anything that can come up with the health of the puppy can be addressed and taken care of quickly. Here at Petland, we don’t let any of our teacup puppies leave without their new owners going through extensive training when it comes to their care!
You must make sure that your pup gets expert medical attention
This breed is very susceptible to illnesses because of their petite size and therefore, we tell potential owners not to take their puppies anywhere for the first few months. That means dog parks, pet supply stores or over to a family or friend’s house. However, you should take it to the vet regularly and make sure that it has its vitamins and vaccinations. It has to be dewormed according to a schedule and must have regular grooming too.
You have to take extra special care when buying a teacup puppy for sale, and that’s why we’re here! Never hesitate to give us a call with any questions you might have before taking home a teacup puppy.