Archive for March, 2016
How to Find the Right Dog Groomer
Your pet is an important part of the family. So, just like any family member, you want them to stay healthy, happy and clean.
Many pet owners rely on the services of a professional breeder to help maintain their pet’s hygiene, look, and health. Whether you’re bringing a new puppy home, or looking to find a new groomer in your area, our staff has put together some tried and tested tips for finding the right dog groomer for you and your pet.
Find a groomer – ask friends who they might recommend. Talk to your vet, your neighbors, or your coworkers. They should be able to point you in the right direction. A quick Google search for groomers in your area can also help you find the name of a groomer near you.
Stop by – Once you’ve found a groomer you like with a solid reputation online, pay them a visit in person. You can ask questions about their background, credentials and if they might be right fit for your pet. An in-person visit also gives you the chance to tour their facilities.
Get the full picture – make sure you understand what the service will cost and what it will include. Also, be sure to understand the procedure for setting up an appointment, cancellation policies. These important details matter when you’re choosing a groomer who you’ll want to work with for multiple grooming visits.
Finally, prepare for your pet’s first visit – make sure your pet is up to date on his or her vaccinations prior to scheduling your first appointment.
Bringing Puppy Home: What You Need
It happened. You fell in love.
Now, it’s time to take your new family member home.
Are you sure you have everything you need for your first days together?
The staff at Petland Mall of Georgia have matched puppies with new families for many years, so we’re experts on making sure those matches end up being the perfect fit. It starts on knowing the right supplies you need to make everything perfect for puppy’s first week home.
Here’s what we recommend you have in advance to make sure your first days with puppy are the best they can be.
● Dog toys – make sure they’re designed for a new puppy. Toys for full grown dogs can be too tough on a young puppy’s teeth.
● Dog treats – to help get a head start on training!
● Dog food – this should be puppy formula food. Puppies have special dietary requirements in the first stages of their life.
● Bedding – provides comfort for the new puppy and a designated place to sleep in.
● Cleaning Supplies – despite that cute face, your puppy WILL have accidents, so it’s best to be prepared with cleaning equipment in advance.
● Dog Grooming – if puppy makes a mess or gets into one, have puppy shampoo and brushes available to help get her clean.
● Dog Leashes and Collars – so you can take your new family member out for walks and start leash training
Yep, that’s right! Petland Mall of Georgia is moving! Our new location will be just off of Barrett Parkway at the Cobb Place Shopping Center, at 840 Ernest W Barrett Parkway NW in Mall of Georgia, GA.
We are excited to share this next chapter in our journey with our employees, our customers, and most importantly, our pets!
We’ve spared no expense to make sure our customers and pets are comfortable and happy while visiting our store.
Here are just a few of the things our awesome new store will have:
- 16 (!) socialization rooms for you to play and cuddle with our adorable puppies.
- Nine new petters, so you can say hello to our hamsters, bunnies, guinea pigs, and all our smaller pets.
- Separate aviary for our feathered friends.
- Special new air conditioning system that will filter the air up to five times per hour. This will help keep everyone at Petland Mall of Georgia healthy!
- HUGE new training space for one-on-one sessions with our professional trainers.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to see it all for yourself!
When we open the doors of our new store later this month (check out our facebook page for exact date and time!) we will celebrate with a huge grand opening day blowout. You and the kids can enjoy free refreshments, food, and family-friendly activities such as face-painting and raffles. Also, take advantage of special opening-day deals on merchandise, and an expanded inventory of pet nutrition products.
We’ll see you there! Look out for the opening date announcement later this month.